Sunday, November 14, 2010

Where do you get joy?

John 17:8 For I have given to them the words which You have given Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came forth from You; and they have believed that You sent Me.
9 "I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours.

How AWESOME is that!?! If you have given your life to Jesus, He was praying for you. If you are still of this world, He makes it a point to say, He is not praying for you.

Check out a few specifics of His prayer:

1st:
John 17:13 But now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves.

Where are you getting your joy?

2nd:
John 17:15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.

He doesn't pray that we be taken out of the world, even though He wants us to be with Him in Heaven. Why not? Because He has work for us to do. That is why He is praying for our protection from Satan.

3rd:
John 17:20 "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word;

Even if the argument is made that in verse 13 Jesus is praying only for the disciples, clearly here He is praying for all of us who believe through their word. However, I think this makes a clear indicator that the work we have to do is to share what Jesus has done in our life that others may believe through our word.

4th:
John 17:24 "Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.

Jesus wants us with Him in glory!!!!! Those that belong to Him, He wants with Him!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment