Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Holy Spirit's Job

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
John 16:8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

To the Saints, The Holy Spirit is:
Helper, Comforter, Teacher

John 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

To The Lost:
1) The Holy Spirit convinces them of the severity of their sin and the need for The Savior
2) The Holy Spirit convinces them of Christ's perfect righteousness, thus making Him the perfect sacrifice for sin
3) The Holy Spirit convinces them of Judgment to come for those that refuse to repent.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

1Jn 4:4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

1Jn 5:4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment