Sunday, September 20, 2009

How do people get saved?

Hi Everyone!
Most of us have heard the Gospel message and if we are saved we know it is the working of God through the Holy Spirit. However; that it is not what I wanted to write about today. How does God do this in some cases. I say "some" because He works in so many ways to reach people that there is no way we could know them all. So, what are "some ways":

I talked to a guy this week (random stranger) and he told me how he got saved. Long story short, he said he was going to commit suicide in the park so he brought his gun to the park but "something" told him to go eat lunch first, after he ate he came back to the park with his gun and an 85 year old man approached him and shared The Gospel with him and he got saved.

I was talking to a friend of mine this week and he was telling me about a guy that has been handing out 10 Gospel tracts a day for years. Although he directed me to watch a video on this guy, I haven't yet. But the gist of it is; many people are getting saved because of this simple thing.

The last example is what inspired me to write this today. My daughter committed her life to The Lord yesterday; it will go down as one of 3 of the happiest days of my life. Here's how it happened: A man spoke at her school (public school) on Tuesday; after he spoke he invited the kids to come and listen to him speak Thursday night (she did), he then invited the kids to a camp out at a church on Friday (she did). Friday night and most of the day Saturday they learn The Gospel and he challenged them to reconcile wrongs they've made and try to repair relationships with friends and family that have been damaged or lost. At some point during the day, as she describes it, "I can't explain it, but I just started crying and said, 'I love Jesus". It wasn't an alter call or a "let's all say this prayer" thing...it was a genuine working of the Holy Spirit.

Praise God that He allows us the joy of being used to lead others to Him. As Romans 10:14-15 says: How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

John 3tv.com is getting close to launching and this is exactly what it will be for. To show and encourage others to share The Gospel. Whether you are street preaching or just leaving tracts in a public restroom, or somewhere in between....we need to share The Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment